Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence.
The Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence (www.pnerichmond.org), brings together and integrates four successful programs functioning in the Greater Richmond area – Nonprofit Learning Point, ConnectVA, Consulting Solutions, and HandsOn Greater Richmond. Together the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence forms a comprehensive resource for affordable and high quality professional development, civic engagement, networking and training, and access to resources critical to the success of Richmond’s charitable and nonprofit network.
TITLE: HandsOn – Temporary, Part-Time Corporate Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, HandsOn Greater Richmond (Corporate Program Manager prior to maternity leave)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This temporary position will create continuity for the Corporate Program team while team members are on maternity leave. There will be some fluctuation in time commitment for this temporary position. Approximately 15 hours per week will be required in April and May to shadow and assist current Corporate Program team members, 30-35 hours per week June-August while staff is on maternity leave, and 10-20 hours total during the first half of September to transition out. The Temporary Corporate Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee, plan, and execute the Corporate Service Calendar for one of HandsOn Greater Richmond’s corporate partners.
- Oversee and implement a portion of a corporate sponsor’s volunteer programs within the Greater Richmond Region.
- Manage and coordinate concurrent (multiple) volunteer projects for a specific company’s organizational and departmental events. The tasks will include project development, budgeting, and communicating frequently with the corporate sponsor and community partners.
- Procure supplies and manage onsite needs and requests within a fast-paced environment.
- Assess volunteer programming needs and maintain communication with the corporate sponsor and HandsOn/Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon by the corporate sponsor and HandsOn Greater Richmond leadership.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work or volunteer experience required; experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) required.
- Exceptional project management and/or event planning experience required; attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Solid computer literacy in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience in program development and evaluation, and grant management preferred.
- Passion for engaging volunteers in the nonprofit sector and event planning
This is a temporary part-time position that is not eligible for a benefits package. For consideration, email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] or send to Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence, Kristen Wiley, 7501 Boulders View Drive, Suite 101, Richmond, VA 23225 by Friday, March 25, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Other nonprofit opportunities in the area can be found at www.connectva.org.
HandsOn Greater Richmond recognized nationally as the George W. Romney Award for Affiliate Excellence
Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Impact Award, Young Professional Workplace Award Winners
Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility